Stepney Workers Club
X BRAIN DEAD DELLOW
London brand Stepney Workers Club have teamed up with L.A based Brain Dead to work on a version of the Dellow sneaker for men and women.
The project represents the meeting of the two brands with a shared approach to free-thinking and creativity which is reflected in the use of a quote from Aldous Huxley’s ‘The Doors of Perception’.
The intention was to create something understated and wearable that focused on
textures grounded in a muted colour palette. This was achieved by introducing a
wool bouclé fabric along with changes to the branded elements, hardware and laces. It was important that the design and aesthetic did not detract from the Aldous Huxley message and sentiment behind the collaboration.
S.W.C teamed-up with artist and friend of Brain Dead, Clay Arlington, to commission a sculptural and video installation for the project which focuses on the meeting-point of these two brands.
• Textured wool bouclé upper fabric.
• Flipped wrap-over asymmetric tongue label featuring brand logos and Aldous
• 2-tone hiking eyelets.
• Round cotton hiking laces (2 sets; contrast and tonal).
• Co-branded back heel patches.
• Co-branded padded footbeds.
• SWC’s signature hi-wall rubber foxings in a Cream colour with a polished finish.
Choose your normal size. Size example UK9 = US10, EU43, 28cm.